London



After flying with United Airlines from JFK to Heathrow we finally arrived in London. You don't even get a beer when you fly internationally with United! On top of that it was the worst service ever!!! I don't recommend that any of you fly with them.

Anyway, enough of me moaning, we did an all nighter and arrived in London at 7am. I didn't realise we were about to land as I couldn't see the ground, but as Simon explained that was because it was so smoggy! Arrived at a warm -2 degress... ahhh so refreshing.

I was lucky enough to go into the British Passport line at customs, but Simon had to wait for a wee while with all of the other foreigners. Aside from that, it was the easiest customs ever. I think I have realised that no where is as strict as NZ. I didn't even get my passport stamped here.

Once out of customs, went straight on to the tubes and headed for our flat in Clapham North. Was rush hour by this stage, so everyone was looking at our luggage as if they had bombs in them. This is our house in the picture above. We have the three windows on right of each floor. Our room is at the top with the light on:)

Managed to stay awake all day and then we headed for the pub! Our first experience of an english pub. All good! After a few too many beers we went straight to sleep and slept for nearly 12 hours i think. We have actually been really lucky since then, as we seem to have just fitted in with the UK time :)

No comments: